Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jesus died for us, now get over it.

I had a talk with a good friend the other day, and we were talking about our ol pal, Jesus. We were chattin about our missions and how every single moment we tried to think thoughts of Christ; we spoke of Christ, we praised Christ, we worshipped Christ. But then my pal asked me a question:

If you saved a kids life, would you want that kid to worship you?

Well, kinda. I thought about that for a minute, and then it hit me: Jesus wouldn't want us to worship him, he would want us to live our lives. He would want us to dance and be grateful we were alive because he saved us, not to spend all of our waking moments thinking about how great and wonderful he is. He doesn't give a shit! Get over it!

At least that's what I think. If I saved a kids life (kinda what Jesus has done for us) I would tell that kid not to mention me again, and to live his life by embracing and enjoying it.

Or you could spend your days on your knees weeping to Jesus, for the love.